In recognition of April being NATIONAL POETRY MONTH, the Friends of the Pennsauken Library are sponsoring a Poetry Contest open to ALL Pennsauken and Merchantville residents.
1. Only ONE entry per person
2. All entries must be original and not previously submitted for print or electronic publication.
3. Applicants cannot have won in 2018 or 2019
4. Entries must include the following information:
Applicant’s full name
Applicant’s full address
Phone # (if under 18, parent/guardian phone #)
5. If student, additional information required:
Name of School and Grade level
Name of Teacher & Teacher’s contact information
Levels & Categories:
- Kindergarten and 1st grade – 2 categories: Serious & Creative
- 2nd and 3rd grades – 2 categories: Serious & Amusing
- 4th & 5th grades – 2 categories: Serious & Amusing
- 6th through 8th grades – 2 categories: Serious & Amusing
- High School – single category
- Adult – single category
First Place in each category: $25.00 Visa gift card from Republic Bank
Second Place in each category: $10.00 cash
Winners will be notified by phone; prizes and certificates will be sent out via US mail mid-May. Winners will also be announced in June’s All Around Pennsauken and the Friend’s FaceBook page.
ALL submissions must be sent by Friday, May 1st
Email to: email@example.com (PDF or ‘read-only’ format)
Mail to: Friends of the Pennsauken Library
5605 Crescent Blvd
Pennsauken, NJ 08110
The Library and the Municipal Building are closed– Please do NOT drop off entries!
(The above information supersedes the event flyers and submission forms available before March 13th.)
Please feel free to pass this information on to friends and neighbors, and we look forward to seeing all of your entries- Good luck!